About Lalji Mehrotra Technical Institute
Shri. Lalji Mehrotra the founder of the Institute and a great source of inspiration for all of us believed that vocational education and training can only empower youth not only for personal growth, more employability and productivity but to the country’s economic growth as well.
Shri. Lalji Mehrotra has established Gandhi Vocational Training Institute at Vileparle in 1982 with modular employable skill courses and shifted to Jogeshwari (E), Mumbai suburban in 1999 opposite to Hema Industrial Estate which is in the vicinity of MIDC, Seepz, Andheri (E), Mumbai and 2.5 km away. Now, Skill Development Hub is established in the premises of the Institute running three different programs
Lalji Mehrotra Pvt Industrial Training Institute
Lalji Mehrotra Vocational Training Centre
Lalji Mehrotra Skill Development Institute
Lalji Mehrotra Pvt Industrial Training Institute is a vocational training institute established by the Sar-La Education Trust in 1999. It was set up with the intention of providing good quality technical vocational training to the under-privileged youth living in the suburbs of Mumbai. LMTI is primarily a government approved Industrial Training Institute that delivers courses under the Craftsman Training Scheme of the Directorate General of Training (DGT), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
Standing true to this intention, over the last 19 years, LMTI has offered technical skills to over 2000 boys and girls from humble backgrounds to become Electricians, Electronic Mechanics, Refrigeration and AC Mechanics and Mechanical Draughtsman.
Lalji Mehrotra Vocational Training Centre as a Vocational Education and Training Centre established by Sar-La Education Trust in 2015. It was setup with intention of providing quality training in emerging areas of health care sector and engineering service sector. This institute will also provide bridge gap training after ITI/ Diploma/ Degree to meet the customized requirement of industries. The institute having excellent collaborative arrangement with hospitals and industries to provide on-the-job training. All programs are approved by Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education and Examination, under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of Maharashtra.
Lalji Mehrotra Skill Development Institute this institute was established in 2017 with the objective of training school dropouts, educated but unemployed, skilled but not certified candidates to provide basic employable skill training to vertical mobility for degree program i.e. Bachelor of Vocational Education. (B.VOC) The institute is affiliated to Maharashtra Skill Development Society and TISS.
LMTI institutes approach has been “Practice Oriented Vocational Training” that places greater importance on practical training and developing the right attitudes for workmanship. Hence, all training programs at LMTI attributes 30% weightage to academic theory and 70% to practical training. Besides, all students undergo employability skills training that equips them with the requisite knowledge and attitudes to be ‘industry-ready’. LMTI students undergoing Times of India sponsored 3 months communication skills training, through Teach India program.
Our training programs are systematic planned with day wise outcome based knowledge and performance evaluation criteria along with teaching methods. Students are evaluated on the basis of competency based skill analysis and standard benchmarking. We believe in “Learning by Doing” hence, industrial tie-up for on-the-job training is the unique feature of our institute.
The purpose of LMTI is to impart vocational and technical skills that are relevant to industry. It has been LMTI’s endeavor to connect with industry, incorporate industry needs, integrate industry relevance in existing curriculum and bridge the gap between education and employability. Keeping with changing times, LMTI has been reinventing itself to create an industry – ready workforce. It is revamping its internal systems, structures, pedagogy and learning methods in its pursuit to achieve excellence and quality.
LMTI’s Academic Cell adapts and integrates industry requirements on a continual basis. In order to inculcate entrepreneurial spirit among our students, they are encouraged to develop innovative projects. Competitions are organized to encourage innovative minds.
The faculty at LMTI is proficient and experienced and most important are sensitive to the students’ learning needs. They understand and can relate to the challenges of our students and groom them accordingly. As a result, not only are our students equipped with technical skills, but many are able to transform their lives for good.
Grooming students for work life is a deliberate pursuit that incorporates inculcating attitudes for quality adherence, safety compliance, being personable and communicating effectively through a basic foundation course in Employability skills.
- Application are invited from eligible candidates for Admission in Craftsman Training Program (ITI Tr...
Merit cum Means Scholarship (w.e.f. 01st June, 2019)
- Admission started for Academic Session 2019-20 for Craftsman Training Program (ITI Trades) ...
Vocational Teachers Training
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
- LMTI Toppers
Juber Sayyad88% Refrigerator and AC Mechanic (2019)
Milin Gawas85.23% Refrigerator and AC Mechanic (2019)
Mehul Chitnis84.46% Refrigerator and AC Mechanic (2019)
Atul Firke90.15% Electronic Mechanic (2019)
Sagar Kadam88.77% Electronic Mechanic (2019)
Siddhesh Mahadik88.46% Electronic Mechanic (2019)
Kunalsingh Chavan84.62% Electrician (2019)
Sanjay Jadhav84.31% Electrician (2019)
Shekhar Sanas83.85% Electrician (2019)
- I did my graduation in 2004. I started my career as a dialysis technician in Navneet Hospital, Dahisar after a informal training in hospital for 5 years. But wherever I approach reputed Hospitals for the job, nobody recognizes without a pro... Rishiraj Singh
- I am Apurva Mungekar passed out in 2013. My father died when I was very young and my mother worked in nearby school as a peon. Her salary of Rs.3000 was not enough to care of me and my elder sister. I did my schooling from govt. school and ... Apurva Mungekar
- I am Sagar kashinath Pendpale. I was born in a very poor family in Jogeshwari my father experied when I was in 9th standard and my mother started working as a security guard in shopping mall on a monthly salary of Rs. 7000. I complete... Sagar Pendpale
- I am Manoj N. Suryawanshi. I am living in Lakshmi Nagar, Near Water tank, Nagar Road, Perne Phata, Tq. Haveli, Dist. Pune. After SSC I had taken 2 years of gap. In 2006 I joined LMTI in Electronics Mechanic trade. After ITI I have com... Manoj Suryawanshi
- I am really thankful to LMTI for the opportunities given to be placed not once but twice, in Bisleri and Tech Mahindra. LMTI gives us best practices to learn the technologies in Advance and also hands on experience according to techno... Devi Das