Courses – Fitter
|Name of the Trade||Technician Power Electronics Systems|
|NSQF Level||Level 5|
|Duration of Craftsmen Training||2 Years|
|Entry Qualification||Passed 10th class examination with Science and Mathematics under 10+2 system of Education or its equivalent|
|Unit Strength (No. Of Student)||16 (Max. supernumeraries seats: 5)|
Description of Job roles:
- Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Hack-sawing, Chiseling, Filing, Drilling, Taping and Grinding etc. Accuracy: ±0.25mm]
- Produce components by different operations and check accuracy using appropriate measuring instruments.[Different Operations – Drilling, Reaming, Taping, Dieing; Appropriate Measuring Instrument – Vernier, Screw Gauge, Micrometer]
- Make different fit of components for assembling as per required tolerance observing principle of interchangeability and check for functionality. [Different Fit – Sliding, Angular, Step fit, ‘T’ fit, Square fit and Profile fit; Required tolerance: ±0.04 mm, angular tolerance: 30min.]
- Produce components involving different operations on lathe observing standard procedure and check for accuracy. [Different Operations – facing, plain turning, step turning, parting, chamfering, shoulder turn, grooving, knurling, boring, taper turning, threading (external ‘V’only)]
- Plan & perform simple repair, overhauling of different machines and check for functionality.
[Different Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw, Bench Grinder and Lathe]
- Make different gauges by using standard tools & equipment and checks for specified accuracy. [Different Gauges – Snap gauge, Gap gauge; Specified Accuracy -±0.02mm]
- Apply a range of skills to execute pipe joints, dismantle and assemble valves & fittings with
pipes and test for leakages.[Range of skills – Cutting, Threading, Flaring, Bending and Joining]
- Make drill jig & produce components on drill machine by using jigs and check for Correctness.
- Plan, dismantle, repair and assemble different damaged mechanical components used for power transmission & check functionality. [Different Damage Mechanical Components – Pulley, Gear, Keys, Jibs and Shafts.]
- Identify, dismantle, replace and assemble different pneumatics and hydraulics components. [Different components – Compressor, Pressure Gauge, Filter Regulator Lubricator, Valves and Actuators.]
- Construct circuit of pneumatics and hydraulics observing standard operating procedure & safety aspect.
- Plan & perform basic day to day preventive maintenance, repairing and check functionality.[Simple Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw and Lathe]
- Plan, erect simple machine and test machine tool accuracy. [Simple Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw and Lathe]
May be designated as FITTER General according to nature of work done.
Career Progression Pathways:
- Can get 10+2 examination equivalency by passing two languages and Environmental Education and Physical & Health Education of HSC as a graded subject through Maharashtra State Board of Higher and Secondary Examination.
- Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Application are invited from eligible candidates for Admission in Craftsman Training Program (ITI Tr...
Merit cum Means Scholarship (w.e.f. 01st June, 2019)
- Admission started for Academic Session 2019-20 for Craftsman Training Program (ITI Trades) ...
Vocational Teachers Training
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
- LMTI Toppers
Ajay Sing407/600 – 68% Dialysis Technician (2018)
Laxmi Harijan329/400 – 82% Nursing Care (2108)
Manali Vengurlekar467/600 – 78% Radiology Technician (2018)
Bhagyashree Jadhav400/600 – 67% Operation Theater Technician (2018)
Gaurav Baing512/600 - 85% (2018) Lift & Escalator Mechanic
Darmendra Yadav329/400 – 82% Automation & PLC (2018)
Rehan Deshmukh366/600 – 61% Vocational Training Institute (2018)
Sakharam Sawant494 /650 -76% Electrician (2016 – 18 )
Rohit Tak488 /650 -75.08% Electronic Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Ajay Maurya566/650 -87.08% Ref. & A. C. Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Swapnil Gosavi417 / 555 -75.14% D’Man (2016 – 18 )
- I did my graduation in 2004. I started my career as a dialysis technician in Navneet Hospital, Dahisar after a informal training in hospital for 5 years. But wherever I approach reputed Hospitals for the job, nobody recognizes without a pro... Rishiraj Singh
- I am Apurva Mungekar passed out in 2013. My father died when I was very young and my mother worked in nearby school as a peon. Her salary of Rs.3000 was not enough to care of me and my elder sister. I did my schooling from govt. school and ... Apurva Mungekar
- I am Sagar kashinath Pendpale. I was born in a very poor family in Jogeshwari my father experied when I was in 9th standard and my mother started working as a security guard in shopping mall on a monthly salary of Rs. 7000. I complete... Sagar Pendpale
- I am Manoj N. Suryawanshi. I am living in Lakshmi Nagar, Near Water tank, Nagar Road, Perne Phata, Tq. Haveli, Dist. Pune. After SSC I had taken 2 years of gap. In 2006 I joined LMTI in Electronics Mechanic trade. After ITI I have com... Manoj Suryawanshi
- I am really thankful to LMTI for the opportunities given to be placed not once but twice, in Bisleri and Tech Mahindra. LMTI gives us best practices to learn the technologies in Advance and also hands on experience according to techno... Devi Das