Courses – IoT Technician (Smart City)
|Name of the Trade||IoT Technician (Smart City)|
|NCO – 2015||Not Available|
|NSQF Level||Level 4|
|Duration of Craftsmen Training||1 Year|
|Entry Qualification||Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 System of education with Science and Mathematics|
|Unit Strength (No. Of Student)||24|
Description of Job roles:
IoT Technician (Smart City); tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects, using instruments such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, ammeters and voltmeters. Replaces defective components and performs basic/SMD soldering/desoldering. Assembles, tests and troubleshoot various digital circuits. Constructs & tests electronic power supply circuit for proper functioning. Install, configure and interconnect different computer systems & networking for different applications. Develop various standard electronic circuits using electronic simulator softwares. Applies the principle of sensors & transducers for various IoT applications. Plans & interfaces input & output devices to evaluate performance with microcontrollers.
The individual in this job identifies different Internet of Things applications in smart city & their distinctive advantages like smart environment, smart street light and smart water & waste management. Identifies and tests various parts of embedded system like Aurduino-Uno board/ Raspberry Pi 3 B module, integrated development platform (IDE), sensors and actuators as per requirement for Smart City. Determines air quality and noise pollution by Sensors. Measures & monitors CO2, O2, PM2.5 and PM10 levels using Electrochemical Sensors for pollution control in smart environment. Measures and records Information such as air temperature, wind speed, dew point temperature, wind direction, relative humidity, solar radiation and atmospheric pressure at predetermined intervals by Weather Stations. Applies knowledge of Solar Panel Basics Testing, Characteristics, Charge Controller Circuit etc. to test running different applications i.e. LEDs, Dusk to Dawn sensing etc. Identifies and selects different wireless communication modules and topology such as Zigbee, Bluetooth, GSM module, WiFi, Ethernet, M2M Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) etc. Uses signals from GPS by Location Sensors for precise positioning. Identifies, tests and troubleshoots different circuits of Smart street lighting system and its components to ensure safety and to prevent energy wastage. Makes circuit to interface Microcontroller, LDR/MQ135 pollution sensors and vary brightness of light in accordance with illumination of the light or Fog/Smog environment. Identifies & selects different circuits used in Smart Road & Traffic (Live & Connected roads) to experience quicker, safer and more effective trips. Performs weather monitoring at risky points by Low cost weather station, Pluviometer, Structural Crack monitoring. Uses proximity sensor, IR Sensor etc. and troubleshoots different circuits used in Smart Parking (Connected Parking) for better management of car park availability and traffic in the city to improve citizen’s life. Applies IoT Application for Smart Water & Waste Management system viz. Detection of rubbish levels in containers to optimize the trash collection routes using Smart Garbage Bin, ultrasonic sensors, Wifi module & Thing speak (IoT Platform) cloud.
Career Progression Pathways:
- Can join as a technician in different IoT application industries for repair, servicing and installation of IoT devices.
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Application are invited from eligible candidates for Admission in Craftsman Training Program (ITI Tr...
Merit cum Means Scholarship (w.e.f. 01st June, 2019)
- Admission started for Academic Session 2019-20 for Craftsman Training Program (ITI Trades) ...
Vocational Teachers Training
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
- LMTI Toppers
Ajay Sing407/600 – 68% Dialysis Technician (2018)
Laxmi Harijan329/400 – 82% Nursing Care (2108)
Manali Vengurlekar467/600 – 78% Radiology Technician (2018)
Bhagyashree Jadhav400/600 – 67% Operation Theater Technician (2018)
Gaurav Baing512/600 - 85% (2018) Lift & Escalator Mechanic
Darmendra Yadav329/400 – 82% Automation & PLC (2018)
Rehan Deshmukh366/600 – 61% Vocational Training Institute (2018)
Sakharam Sawant494 /650 -76% Electrician (2016 – 18 )
Rohit Tak488 /650 -75.08% Electronic Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Ajay Maurya566/650 -87.08% Ref. & A. C. Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Swapnil Gosavi417 / 555 -75.14% D’Man (2016 – 18 )
- I did my graduation in 2004. I started my career as a dialysis technician in Navneet Hospital, Dahisar after a informal training in hospital for 5 years. But wherever I approach reputed Hospitals for the job, nobody recognizes without a pro... Rishiraj Singh
- I am Apurva Mungekar passed out in 2013. My father died when I was very young and my mother worked in nearby school as a peon. Her salary of Rs.3000 was not enough to care of me and my elder sister. I did my schooling from govt. school and ... Apurva Mungekar
- I am Sagar kashinath Pendpale. I was born in a very poor family in Jogeshwari my father experied when I was in 9th standard and my mother started working as a security guard in shopping mall on a monthly salary of Rs. 7000. I complete... Sagar Pendpale
- I am Manoj N. Suryawanshi. I am living in Lakshmi Nagar, Near Water tank, Nagar Road, Perne Phata, Tq. Haveli, Dist. Pune. After SSC I had taken 2 years of gap. In 2006 I joined LMTI in Electronics Mechanic trade. After ITI I have com... Manoj Suryawanshi
- I am really thankful to LMTI for the opportunities given to be placed not once but twice, in Bisleri and Tech Mahindra. LMTI gives us best practices to learn the technologies in Advance and also hands on experience according to techno... Devi Das