Courses – Lift and Escalator Mechanic
|Name of the Trade||Lift and Escalator Mechanic|
|NCO – 2015||7411.0100, 7412.0200, 8343.1800, 7411.9900|
|NSQF Level||Level 5|
|Duration of Craftsmen Training||2 Years|
|Entry Qualification||Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 System of education with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent.|
|Unit Strength (No. Of Student)||24|
Description of Job roles:
Electrician General; installs, maintains and repairs electrical machinery, equipment and fittings in factories, workshops power house, business and residential premises etc. Studies drawings and other specifications to determine electrical circuit, installation details etc. Positions and installs electrical motors, transformers, switchgears. Switchboards and other electrical equipment, fittings and lighting fixtures. Repairs or replaces defective wiring, burnt out fuses and defective parts and keeps fittings and fixtures in working order.
Electrical Fitter; fits and assembles electrical machinery and equipment such as motors, transformers, generators, switchgears, fans etc., Studies drawings and wiring diagrams of fittings, wiring and assemblies to be made. Collects prefabricated electrical and mechanical components according to drawing and wiring diagrams and checks them with gauges, megger etc. to ensure proper function and accuracy. Fits mechanical components, resistance, insulators, etc., as per specifications, doing supplementary tooling where necessary. Follows wiring diagrams, makes electrical connections and solders points as specified. Checks for continuity, resistance, circuit shorting, leakage, earthing, etc. at each stage of assembly. Erects various equipment such as bus bars, panel boards, electrical posts, fuse boxes switch gears, meters, relays etc. using non-conductors, insulation hoisting equipment as necessary for receipt and distribution of electrical current to feeder lines. Installs motors, generators, transformer etc. as per drawings using lifting and hoisting equipment as necessary, does prescribed electrical wiring, and connects to supply line. May specialize in repairs of particular equipment manufacturing, installation or power house work and be designated accordingly.
Building and Related; installation and operation of different types of lift, escalator, moving walkways, belt conveyer & bucket conveyer in industries, shopping malls, subways stations, airports, multi-storied, residential buildings including electrical, electronics, safety devices, control panel, power wiring, replacement/ repairing including preventive and breakdown maintenance.
Career Progression Pathways:
- Can join lift industry as a technician in manufacturing, installation, maintenance field.
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to a National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming an instructor in ITIs
- Application are invited from eligible candidates for Admission in Craftsman Training Program (ITI Tr...
Merit cum Means Scholarship (w.e.f. 01st June, 2019)
- Admission started for Academic Session 2019-20 for Craftsman Training Program (ITI Trades) ...
Vocational Teachers Training
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
- LMTI Toppers
Ajay Sing407/600 – 68% Dialysis Technician (2018)
Laxmi Harijan329/400 – 82% Nursing Care (2108)
Manali Vengurlekar467/600 – 78% Radiology Technician (2018)
Bhagyashree Jadhav400/600 – 67% Operation Theater Technician (2018)
Gaurav Baing512/600 - 85% (2018) Lift & Escalator Mechanic
Darmendra Yadav329/400 – 82% Automation & PLC (2018)
Rehan Deshmukh366/600 – 61% Vocational Training Institute (2018)
Sakharam Sawant494 /650 -76% Electrician (2016 – 18 )
Rohit Tak488 /650 -75.08% Electronic Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Ajay Maurya566/650 -87.08% Ref. & A. C. Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Swapnil Gosavi417 / 555 -75.14% D’Man (2016 – 18 )
- I did my graduation in 2004. I started my career as a dialysis technician in Navneet Hospital, Dahisar after a informal training in hospital for 5 years. But wherever I approach reputed Hospitals for the job, nobody recognizes without a pro... Rishiraj Singh
- I am Apurva Mungekar passed out in 2013. My father died when I was very young and my mother worked in nearby school as a peon. Her salary of Rs.3000 was not enough to care of me and my elder sister. I did my schooling from govt. school and ... Apurva Mungekar
- I am Sagar kashinath Pendpale. I was born in a very poor family in Jogeshwari my father experied when I was in 9th standard and my mother started working as a security guard in shopping mall on a monthly salary of Rs. 7000. I complete... Sagar Pendpale
- I am Manoj N. Suryawanshi. I am living in Lakshmi Nagar, Near Water tank, Nagar Road, Perne Phata, Tq. Haveli, Dist. Pune. After SSC I had taken 2 years of gap. In 2006 I joined LMTI in Electronics Mechanic trade. After ITI I have com... Manoj Suryawanshi
- I am really thankful to LMTI for the opportunities given to be placed not once but twice, in Bisleri and Tech Mahindra. LMTI gives us best practices to learn the technologies in Advance and also hands on experience according to techno... Devi Das