Courses – Refrigeration and AC Mechanic
|Name of the Trade||Mechanic Refrigeration and Air Conditioner|
|NSQF Level||Level 5|
|Duration of Craftsmen Training||2 Years|
|Entry Qualification||Passed 10th class examination|
|Unit Strength (No. Of Student)||20 (Max. supernumeraries seats: 6)|
Description of Job roles:
Mechanic Refrigeration and Air Conditioner – Mechanic Refrigeration and Air Conditioner installs and repairs refrigeration or air conditioning plant by replacing or repairing defective parts, re-seating valves, refitting coils, insulting, requiring electrical connections, soldering etc. Installs at site assembled air conditioning unit and refrigerators giving necessary power connections and making changes to units as necessary to attain desired results. Examines faulty equipment to ascertain nature and location of defects. Dismantles equipment partly or completely according to nature of defects to remove damaged or worn out parts. Replaces or repairs defective parts. Replaces or repairs defective parts to units by re-seating valves, refitting coils, re-insulating system, etc. over hauls units and reassembles them after cleaning components and replacing defective or worn out parts of pumps, compressors, motors, etc., Removes faulty sealed units or sub-units of refrigerators or air conditioning plants and obtains replacements. Conducts vacuum and pressure test of pipe lines and charges system with fresh refrigerant. Sets plant to desired cooling conditions, prevents leakage and ensures attainment and maintenance of required temperature. Gets burnt out motors or generators repaired by Electrician or Electrical Winder and installs repaired ones to plant giving necessary electrical connections. May work in ice factory, cold storage plants, specialized air conditioning units or domestic refrigerators. Repair and service in refrigerator, water cooler, bottle cooler, deep freezer, Visi Cooler, Walk in Cooler, Ice candy plant, Cold storage, Ice plant, Split Air Conditioner, Package Air Conditioner, Central Air Conditioner, mobile Air Conditioner.
Career Progression Pathways:
- Can get 10+2 examination equivalency by passing two languages and Environmental Education and Physical & Health Education Subject of HSC as a graded subject through Maharashtra State Board of Higher and Secondary Examination.
- Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs.
- Application are invited from eligible candidates for Admission in Craftsman Training Program (ITI Tr...
Merit cum Means Scholarship (w.e.f. 01st June, 2019)
- Admission started for Academic Session 2019-20 for Craftsman Training Program (ITI Trades) ...
Vocational Teachers Training
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
-Starting from July 2015
- LMTI Toppers
Ajay Sing407/600 – 68% Dialysis Technician (2018)
Laxmi Harijan329/400 – 82% Nursing Care (2108)
Manali Vengurlekar467/600 – 78% Radiology Technician (2018)
Bhagyashree Jadhav400/600 – 67% Operation Theater Technician (2018)
Gaurav Baing512/600 - 85% (2018) Lift & Escalator Mechanic
Darmendra Yadav329/400 – 82% Automation & PLC (2018)
Rehan Deshmukh366/600 – 61% Vocational Training Institute (2018)
Sakharam Sawant494 /650 -76% Electrician (2016 – 18 )
Rohit Tak488 /650 -75.08% Electronic Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Ajay Maurya566/650 -87.08% Ref. & A. C. Mechanic (2016 – 18 )
Swapnil Gosavi417 / 555 -75.14% D’Man (2016 – 18 )
- I did my graduation in 2004. I started my career as a dialysis technician in Navneet Hospital, Dahisar after a informal training in hospital for 5 years. But wherever I approach reputed Hospitals for the job, nobody recognizes without a pro... Rishiraj Singh
- I am Apurva Mungekar passed out in 2013. My father died when I was very young and my mother worked in nearby school as a peon. Her salary of Rs.3000 was not enough to care of me and my elder sister. I did my schooling from govt. school and ... Apurva Mungekar
- I am Sagar kashinath Pendpale. I was born in a very poor family in Jogeshwari my father experied when I was in 9th standard and my mother started working as a security guard in shopping mall on a monthly salary of Rs. 7000. I complete... Sagar Pendpale
- I am Manoj N. Suryawanshi. I am living in Lakshmi Nagar, Near Water tank, Nagar Road, Perne Phata, Tq. Haveli, Dist. Pune. After SSC I had taken 2 years of gap. In 2006 I joined LMTI in Electronics Mechanic trade. After ITI I have com... Manoj Suryawanshi
- I am really thankful to LMTI for the opportunities given to be placed not once but twice, in Bisleri and Tech Mahindra. LMTI gives us best practices to learn the technologies in Advance and also hands on experience according to techno... Devi Das